Monday, November 1, 2010

ARCH 653 Project 1 : Alamo Project

My Project was to design a Visitor Center for the Alamo over in San Antonio, Texas.  The Main Concept of the Visitor Center was to design a "Timeline" of the Mission that would take significant dates throughout the course of history, develop a relationship amongst the slices of history, and result in an educational, fun and interactive walk through the history of the Mission. The timeline design would be embedded through the building physically, spatially and programmatically.

The Project was designed in Revit and aided in overlay context information as well as ease of modeling. I created a somewhat unanticipated design building in Revit and that lays for cause that Revit is capable of creating work that is more complex and hard to model. I know as I learn Revit more I can take on really abstract forms or curvilinear designs as well as use parametric to gear some of those designs.  The parametric I created was just a simple small auditorium space seating for one of my rooms. Since the design is subject to change and I knew the width depth wise of the room, I flex and designed it where I could change the width of the room and have the seats change accordingly. There are 3 Renderings. One is of the front outside lobby space, another is the interior gallery space and the third is of the space between the two buildings.











No comments:

Post a Comment